This comprehensive instructional video from Daniel Greene guides the artist in a 2 1/2 hour journey into oil portraiture. Follow Greene step by step as he paints an oil portrait from start to finish.
This extraordinary video includes:
- Valuable tips on how to best organize your materials as well as thorough explanations of canvas, brushes and other materials used.
- An introduction into selecting backgrounds and lighting, and choosing comfortable and natural positions for models.
- A glimpse at Greene's creative process through composition and preliminary drawing, painting in the early stages, and progression from darks to lights.
- A checklist to help determine when a portrait is complete.
- Tips for painting hair and clothing.
- A suggested materials list.